According to the research, Paris to Nice in France are Europe’s most dog-friendly road trips, scoring 36.2 out of the possible 50. The route has six main stopping points including Paris, Lyon, Valence, Avignon, Marseille and Nice. The route has a total of 1372 dog-friendly Airbnbs, 43 vets, 345 dog-friendly restaurants, 19 dog-friendly activity and 237 walking trails.
The Edinburgh to Kirkwall road trip landed in second place, with a score of 31.7 The route has four main stopping points including Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Inverness and Kirkwall.
The route had a total of 336 dog-friendly Airbnbs, 90 vets and 72 dog-friendly restaurants available at the main stopping points. The road trip also had eight dog-friendly activities listed and 220 walking trails.
Top 10 dog-friendly road trips in Europe:
- Paris to Nice - France - Score 36.2/50
- Edinburgh to Kirkwall - Scotland - 31.7
- Andalucia - Spain - 30.4
- Atlantic Highway - England - 30.1
- Alsace Wine Route - 29.3
- Oxford to Wye Valley - England & Wales - 28.3
- Plymouth to Southampton - England - 27.6
- Atlantic Coast - Portugal - 27.4
- Royal Deeside Tourist Route - 25.9
- Florence to the Amalfi Coast - 25.6