The travel experts at Bounce analysed capital cities around the globe, based on factors such as the average cost of a hotel and transport, number of attractions and restaurants, and average temperatures and rainfall, to reveal the best capital cities to visit on your next city break.
The full research can be viewed here: https://usebounce.com/blog/capital-cities-index
Valetta, Malta is the most popular capital city in the world with an overall score of 6.74 out of 10. With Valletta being home to the highest number of attractions and restaurants out of all of the capital cities, it is no wonder this city has ranked top of the list.
Abu Dhabi, UAE ranks second with a score 6.24 out of 10. Average temperatures in the city hit 27.92 degrees Celsius, and the average rainfall is just 42 mm per year, making this a great destination if you’re a sun seeker.
New Delhi, India ranks third place with an average score of 6.06 out of 10, with average temperatures topping 25 degrees and 12,409 restaurants to choose from.
- Ankara, Turkey is the best capital city for hotel prices, with an average price of USD45,74 per night.
- Luxembourg has free public transport and is the crowned best capital city for transport in the world.
- Bangkok, Thailand is the best capital city for temperature with an average of 26.6 degrees
- Cairo, Egypt has the least rainfall with only 18 mm of average rainfall per year.
- Valletta, Malta is both the best capital city for attractions (311 per km per square) and for restaurants (442.6 km per square).